[ltp] Re: IBM Thinkpad A20 + XFree86?

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
28 Jul 2000 08:39:10 -0400

Bill Broadley <bill@math.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 08:53:52PM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Yeah, at least it looks like one, it's a RJ45 directly beside the modem
> port.  It's got a little diagram by it:

That doesn't mean that it actually has the ethernet.  The ports are
always there, and can be wired up to the minipci combo card if you
have it... or just hang hooked up to nothing if you just have the
modem card.

If you're really unsure, you could open up the unlabeled bay on the
bottom, where the minipci card resides.  If only one plug is hooked
in, it's the modem.

Or, post the model type of the A20p.  Mine is a 2629-61U, for
instance, and does not have the onboard ethernet (although it does
have the port, should I buy the combo card later).

106 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes, 26 seconds till we run away.
Far duller than a serpent's tooth it is to spend a quiet youth.