[ltp] zip drives

Nick Sison linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:38:47 -0600

Good Evening to one and all!  Joined the list a week or so ago and did not
catch the reference to

>>"Is this similar to the problem that occurred with the latest bios not
being able to
> >get the hda geometry (which I also ran into before subscribing to this
> >list), and if so is there a similar way around it (e.g.hdc=...)?

I think I have this particular problem with my TP600.  I have a 4.8gb drive.
4gb is used for NTFS.  I wanted to install the remaining 800mb with Red Hat
v6.0.  In trying to boot of the install CD I get the message that the bios
doesn't seem to see the hard drive.  What is that special parameter that I
have to pass at boot: ?  Thanks much for the help, sorry I didn't catch that
segment.

nick_sison@mindspring.com