No subject

J.E. Cripps linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 01:42:20 -0400 (EDT)

 I've been looking recently for a portable PC to use as
 a travelling Linux box.   My basic desire is to replicate
 a shell account environment (without the Internet connection
 unless connected, of course), that is gcc, the other gnu
 utilities and perl.

 Many of the PCs ppl are selling are TPs, so I joined this
 list.

 But now I have another question. Can a TP run a desktop
 monitor?  In some situations, this would be useful. However,
 I probably would need the ordinary screen also.