[ltp] Serial Ports and Terminals

MONTGOMERY Robert linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:16:00 +1100

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Linux and esp. on a Laptop. How do you go about
connecting to a device through the serial port. Previously under SunOS I've
used the 'tip' command I think 'getty' is it s equivalent in Linux but cant
seem to get it configured correctly, can someone please help.

Also is there any way to get the one serial port I have to look like two or
am
I better off to use some form of serial expansion?? This has been baffling
me
for a week or so now if someone could help it would be most appreciated

Thanks,
Rob