[ltp] Xfree 4.0, i1460, debian

Pietro Abate linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:16:05 +0100

Hi everybody,
I've read the last two month messages, but I've not understood how
Xfree 4.0.1 works with i1460. In the GS's page there is the patched
Xserver I'm using, but it is still Xfree 3.x.x.

I use debian/woody and It's came the time to upgrade the Xserver or
hold 20 packages, that it's a bit boring. In the Xfree web site,
in the new driver section, the ATI rage Mobility is officially supported,
but I'm still suspicius 'cause the my tp seams to have some wired
problems...

Finally, the hamletic question is: upgrade or not upgrade ?

cheers,
        pietro

Undergraduate student of Computer Science - ALMA MATER STUDIORUM Bologna -
Alias:  coc0526@iperbole.bologna.it