[ltp] Experience from updating RH 6.2 to RH 7.0 on TP 770X

Burt Silverman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:50:52 -0500

Markus Alt writes:

>Hmmm, this is strange. I've also upgrade to the 2.2.18 ibmtr driver and
>pcmcia 3.1.21 as I had the same problem with VMware as Friedemann
>reported it. And I also had these "Transmitter busy" messages from time
>to time. But since the upgrade, I've *never* had them at all!

Markus,

This is good news! I just happen to have a ThinkPad that seems to have some
intermittent hardware problems in the PCMCIA section -- perhaps a bad land
or a cold solder joint. So things tend to happen on my machine that should
not normally happen. This is usually a bad thing; however, sometimes it is
a good thing for me as a driver developer, because I can find errors in the
rarely used code paths! In fact, the service organization in my company
must think it is a good thing, because they refused to fix my ThinkPad. It
passed the Built In Self Test, so they told me I must have software
problems!