[ltp] Multi-platform Wireless LANs (esp for Linux/Macs)

Larry Mills-Gahl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:27:43 +0800

>Larry,
>    Thanks very much for the note.
>This is what I suspected (but I've suspected a lot of things that turned
>out to be incorrect...) - that the Wavelan cards should work with the
>airport.
>
>the wavelan cards are about 2x the price of Apple cards (~$170 vs ~$95),
>but as long as they work with a PC, that's fine.
>
>hjm

They may be twice the price, but the apple hardware has antennae
built in (and it works pretty well... If I can find it there was a
cool site on extending the reach of an AirPort (up to 1.5 km I think
with some external antennae help)

Larry