[ltp] Multi-platform Wireless LANs (esp for Linux/Macs)

Bjorn Knutsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:12:17 +0200

On 10 Oct 2000 09:23, Mike wrote:
> My only gripe is that the Linux-PCMCIA subsystem dosen't support essid
> and encryption-keys very well (AFAIK), and usually require use of
> iwconfig (and a kernel compiled w/ CONFIG_NET_RADIO) after the card has
> been inserted to activate such features.

Have you tried the Lucent wavelan2_cs? My station name and encryption keys are
setup as the module is loaded when the card is inserted. No problems.

But perhaps you're doing something more advanced?

/Björn