[ltp] i1200 and graphics initialisation

Christian Schneider linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:24:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi there,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Thomas R. Dean wrote:

> I've had no X problems.  Can you give me a specific example that I
> can reproduce?

Actually, I'm just starting X or gdm respectively. If windows hasn't run
before, I get the drawing errors, if it has everything is fine with GNOME,
though when running KDE I can't get back to text mode.

> My main problem is that I still can't get the ethernet card going.
> The same card works on the 770 running the same installation
> (RedHat 6.2) at work. I'm guessing it has something to do with
> a new PCMCIA controller, although someone has suggested it
> might have something to do with sound.

I haven't tackled sound installation yet but ethernet is working fine as
is the PCMCIA-Manager (I also use a PCMCIA-Modem).
If I can be of further help don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Christian

--

Christian Schneider