[ltp] Problems with TFT & X configuration on TP365XD (Trident cyper9320)

Ralf Jardon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:01:32 +0200

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 09:39:20AM -0400, Dan wrote:

> I also have Cyber 9320 and I use on my 12.1" screen 800x600 @ 16bpp.
> The crucial option in the XF86Config file is "noaccel".
> You can see as example this:
>
>   http://einstein.unh.edu/protopop/thinkpad/XF86Config.ThinkPad760C.16bpp
>
> I hope this helps.

No, unfortunately not! I have tryed a lot of configuration files who worked
by other guys with similar hardware. But on my TP it sucks :-(

How described - the Cyber9320, no matter whether "noaccel" or not, dont work
on my notebook (in combination with TFT, externel Monitor is ok)

What chip revision do you have and what bios revision for tp bios:
My xserver says:

> SVGA: PCI: Trident Cyber 9320 rev 227, Memory 0x08000000, 0x08200000
> SVGA: Detected an TFT 800x600 Display
> SVGA: Revision 3.

> > i have the following problem.
> > I tryed to use Xfree86 3.3.6 at 800x600 16Bit color depth on my "new"
> > TP365XD with itīs 11.3" TFT Display. I have bought this Notebook because of
> > the statement in the Xfree doku "Cyber 9320 16 Bit now supported".
> >
> > The Problem is, if i use the correct driver (cyber9320), the TFT-Screen
> > become unusable. If i connect an external Monitor the output is correct and
> > good (both 800x600 8bit and 16 bit works great) BUT if i switch to the TFT
> > (Fn-F7) the screen on the TFT becomes green and all windows are unreadable.
> >
> > Does anybody know why the combination TFT and Cyber9320 does not work? The
> > combination external Monitor and Cyber 9320 works great, but i have bought
> > this Notebook for independent use without an external monitor.
> >
> > In my panic i tryed some other drivers e.g. cyber9385. This _incorrect_ Driver
> > works also on the TFT but only in 8bit color depth. If i try to use this
> > Driver at 16bit the screen becomes an horizontal expansion and it looks like
> > 400x600 instead of 800x600; every pixel has the horizontal size?!?!
> >
> > I am still helpless, but i need 16bit at 800x600 - please help me!

This message is not licensed to be distributed over the Microsoft
Network.  Microsoft may buy a license to distribute this message
over their network for 100 US$.
Should anybody see this message on the MSN, then please send a
small notification to me and to abuse@msn.com