[ltp] Re: New Model Thinkpads??

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
10 Oct 2000 23:49:43 -0400

Billy Harvey <Billy.Harvey@thrillseeker.net> writes:

> The appropriate section of my 2.4.0-test8 (test9 bombed in compilation
> for me) kernel config is:

I'm pretty sure they have to be modules for X to be happy.

> Is there an invocation sequence necessary to get things going, or if
> the if the fb starts are things good to go?

Well, I checked to see if the r128 module was loaded and had 6 uses.
(Why six, I dunno.)  Check the server logs... they're probably
mentioning the r128 module.

Also, if you're using the latest r128_drv.o from CVS, dri is turned
off... you have to remove an #if 1 block from r128_driver.c.

31 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes, 58 seconds till we run away.
Veni, Vidi, VCR -- I came, I saw, I taped.