[ltp] ThinkPad 760E

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:35:58 -0700

Dan wrote:

>      Hi all,
>
>      I have recently bought a 760E to replace my 760C and I am
>  not sure now of the exact parameters of its TFT screen.
>  I use:
Which model 760E and which Linux Distribution.  I'm using a 760ED with
OpenLinux 2.3 and I set it up for 16bit depth (I can set it for 24 bit
depth, but Netscape looks like 'hell'.)

I just checked my settings with XVidTune.  I'm set for 1024x768x16bit
color depth (the color depth cannot be set using this tool).

Speeds are:  Pixel clock: 85.00 Mhz
Horizontal Sync: 62.5 Mhz
and (strangely) Vertical Sync at 75.94 Hz (I know that I set this to
60Hz when I set the machine up).

Anyway, I was looking for my configuration file.  If you have an idea
where it is, I can look at it and se what settings are there.

James Mckenzie