[ltp] ThinkPad 760E

Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, James Mckenzie wrote:

> I just checked my settings with XVidTune.  I'm set for 1024x768x16bit
> color depth (the color depth cannot be set using this tool).

My chipset is Trident Cyber9385 and the screen is TFT 12.1' with 1024x768.
I didn't think one can get 24bpp on it. What do you mean when you
say Netscape looks bad ?

> Speeds are:  Pixel clock: 85.00 Mhz
> Horizontal Sync: 62.5 Mhz
> and (strangely) Vertical Sync at 75.94 Hz (I know that I set this to
> 60Hz when I set the machine up).

Interesting - I use 65.0 ...

> Anyway, I was looking for my configuration file.  If you have an idea
> where it is, I can look at it and see what settings are there.

The XConfiguration file is /etc/X11/XF86Config.
Would be nice to know what are the frequency ranges.

 Thanks,
 Dan