[ltp] poweroff

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:17:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Roland Hedberg wrote:

  Have a question regarding the command 'poweroff'.
  Previously I ran Suse 6.4 on my T20 and the result of
  'poweroff' was a complete shutdown of the system.

  Now, with Suse 7.0 the system brings down all the
  processes but does not kill the machine. It just
  hangs just before it used to beep the final beep before
  shutting of the power.

Did you install an "APM" kernel? If you did not, then that is the problem.