[ltp] Re: Debian, PCMCIA and DHCP

Robert Hollis/Chicago/Contr/IBM linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:02:41 -0500

--=_alternative 006346E686256984_=

Martin,
try installing just 'pump' first.
after install go into 'netconfig' and change from manual to dhcp.
next step is './network restart' from init directory
after restart do 'ifconfig -eth0' (assuming ethernet card is being used)
and see if it reports an IP address
if it does then you are done.
if it doe not then try it with after installing dhcp-cd

Robert Hollis
630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com

2707 Butterfield Rd.