[ltp] ThinkPad 390X

Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:25:48 -0400

Hello all..I have the above tp running both win 98 se and Mandrake...question is I have setup my video display to be LCD 1024 X 768
the resolution ot be 16 million colors, 1024 X 768...

now after choosing this configuration, I boot up again and if I goto the x configuration screen, the option that is highlighted is
HIGH FREQUENCY SVGA 1024 X 768..

HELP...
I am asking and concerned is bc I heard choosing the wrong one can blow your monitor, and maybe I am being over cautious but whenever I shutdown in Windows my monitor seems to flicker now...So I am getting worried...I know 2 different os's but...an incorrect configuration in linux might have an adverse affect to my monitor, thus affecting it when I use win 98se.....HELP>>>

Karim