[ltp] Anyone tried 2.2.17 sound on a TP600X?

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:43:27 +0200

Lai Zit Seng wrote:

> > >    options snd-card-cs461x snd_index=0 snd_id=card1 snd_check_clkrun=1
> > >                                                     ******************
> > >
> > > As I understand it, this "snd_check_clkrun" causes the PCI bus to be
> > > probed and thus not being tuned off if sound needs it. Works fine for
> > > me, even together with suspend & resume.
>
> Just wondering... where is this snd_check_clkrun documented? I've just
> downloaded the latest 0.5.9c driver and don't see any mention of it in the
> source or docs. Is there some patch floating somewhere that I need?

Haven't searched for any documentation for this yet. It was amongst the
options that SuSE's setup tool YaST2 offered me when configuring sound
support. There it is described as "Activate PCI bus power management for
CS461x soundcard" and of course it set it to 1! ;-)

Markus