[ltp] Thinkpad 380XD and cs4237 sound card

Victor Rivarola linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 22:06:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I have a 380ED, with a cs4236 built on it.  After
*much* teying, I finally got it to work.
Unfortunatly, I don´t have the notebook with me right
now to tell you the actual numbers, but I will later
if you need them.

I assume that Windows is no longer on the notebook, is
it?  If so, you simply check where did it found the
sound card and tell Linux to look in the same place.
It will work on the first try as it did for me.  Now,
if it isn´t installed, you´ll have to humillate your
notebook once more, if only for a short while. Get
Linux out and Windows in, write down the resources,
reinstall Linux, and enjoy.

No need to do ALSA.  Mine notebook works fine with the
standard OSS/Free drivers

Hope this helps,

Víctor Rafael Rivarola

--- James Mahoney <jrm47@gmx.net> escribió: > Hello, I
recently purchased an IBM Thinkpad 380XD