[ltp] X Server 32bpp on ThinkPad 770ED

sgambare@libero.it linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:49:51 +0200

Hi all, I install twice my Mandrake 7.2 with kernel 2.2.17-21mdk-fb, and
after I understand that without framebuffer I couldn't use X server, I
try some different resolution, but only 102x768 15 bpp works!

I have my hard disk partitioned in two: Windows 98SE and Linux Mandrake
7.2.
Under Win98SE I succeed to use 1024x768 32 bpp, so I think I succeed to
use the same resolution under linux....but I caouldn't....

Someone know how to resolve (if it's possible) the problem or it's a
known problem and there isn't resolution??

Thanks

Stefano