[ltp] * * * WARNING * * * Red Hat 7.1 - seawolf * * * WARNING** *

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:33:29 +0200

--------------D3E49F84B0B5DE1F391BEEC6

Byeong-ryeol Kim wrote:

> # rpm -q --requires kdebase | grep lm_sensors
>
> # rpm -q --whatrequires lm_sensors
>
> lm_sensors-devel-2.5.2-3
> glms-1.03-9

I deselected lm_sensors during the grapical install procedure and it said
at a later stage that lm_sensors was required. I didn't want to try and
play around with this package until IBM/the lm_sensors development team
gives the all clear.

> Of course, it is necessary for IBM, distribution makers or lm_sensors
> developers to warn explicitly about upcoming danger by using lm_sensors
> under specific hardware(s) at install time (of the program or kernel) or
> detect time(lm_sensors) or in the manual of specific vendors.

Agreed.

> I agree with you generally, but, while determining the fundamental
> responsibility of a specific problem, "who is the culprit?" is more
> important.

IMHO I don't really care who is to blame but I would really like to see
some action on this issue.

Bill

--------------D3E49F84B0B5DE1F391BEEC6

<tt>Byeong-ryeol Kim wrote:</tt>
<tt>I deselected lm_sensors during the grapical install procedure and it
said</tt>
try and</tt>
team</tt>
makers or lm_sensors</tt>
or</tt>
Agreed.
the fundamental</tt>
more</tt>
<tt>IMHO I don't really care who is to blame but I would really like to
see</tt>