[ltp] ALSA driver and tpctl - without recompiling.

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 04:36:30 +0100 (BST)

--- Luis Antolín Cano <lantolin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So, my problem is that I have little space left in my HD. I have read
> about re-compiling the kernel and so, and AFAIK the directory structure
> takes about 70Mb. I don't have that space, nor I want to go through all
> that process if I can avoid it.
>
> But the problem is that ALSA and tpclt seem to need to recompile the
> kernel for be installed.
>
> Do you know if there is a way to install ALSA and/or tpclt without
> the /usr/scr/linux structure?

All you really need to compile alsa and tpctl are the
header files from the kernel source tree.  I use Debian,
not RedHat, but I assume that there is an rpm that contains
just the header files for your kernel.  Install that, and
you should be able to compile alsa and tpctl.

Thomas