[ltp] suspend/Thinkpad A20p/Woody/apmd_proxy

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:27:32 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Tino Keitel wrote:

> if [ "$1,$2" = "standby,system" -o "$1,$2" = "suspend,system" ]; then
>         if on_ac_power >/dev/null; then
>                 # Reject system suspends and standbys if we are on AC power
>                 exit 1  # Reject (NOTE kernel support must be enabled)
>         fi
>         # otherwise fall through and call the scripts!
> fi

Yes, except the exit 1 was commented out, causing a bash error.

> I found them in apmd_proxy of my Debian potato system, so it doesn't seem to
> be a change in woody.

Ok - maybe it's a kernel change, which is half-woody related - I had to go
to kernel 2.4.3 to get my DRI acceleration working [I had been using an
XF401 server I'd compiled myself before] - I know the fn-F4 definitely
worked before, and didn't after, so maybe 2.2.x reported it as 'user'
rather than 'system'. Which I think is more correct anyway.

> So I wonder if there really exists a System Standby. I'm using a TP 765L.

There may not be a standby - I've never seen one myself.

--
When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.