[ltp] hello all... (battery question...)

dhave config linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:59:06 +1000

hello, just subscribed to the list...

I've searched the archives and browsed them without any firm answer to my question, so I thought I'd post it...

I've just inherited an IBM Thinkpad 380XD with 64Mb ram. Runs linux quite beautifully, I really wasn't expecting to have such an easy time of getting XFree and sound support working so nicely. (it's going to be a gigging machine running jMax.)

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any utility that lets me deep discharge my battery? I'm suspecting that seeing as how it's an Li battery that it's just reached the end of it's life, but am still holding out a sliver of hope...

basically the battery just reports itself (under linux or win98) as being 80% charged, but it's not supplying any charge. If I unplug the ac power, no cigar.

so my sliver of hope is that I can discharge it in some sense.

suggestions much appreciated, even if you're telling me it's definitely dead...

dhave

--
dhave config

=>thisisautoconflove<=