[ltp] Mandrake 8.1 beta 2

Douglas Bridges linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:00:46 -0400

I installed MDK 8.1 beta 2 and it has been very interesting. My main problem
right now is the machine hangs when I try to suspend. I think it has
something to do with X (4.1.0). I am running apmd, and when I sent the
machine to init 3, it could suspend fine. It locks hard whenever I try to
suspend with the either Fn-F4 or closing the lid when X is running. I
haven't found any log messages that help. When it locks, the screen blanks
(but stays backlit), but the suspend light does not even try to come on.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Doug