[ltp] Access Thinkpad for Linux

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:01:27 -0400

What exactly DOES the "ThinkPad" button do? I assume it generates some sort
of key input event, but then again I haven't managed to figure out exactly
what... Or is it generating some entirely different kind of input to the
system?

If someone can figure out more or less how it works I'd be happy to take a
shot at making it useable to people. At worst it would require a very simple
kernel module and maybe an itsy bitsy daemon (but most likely xinetd can
handle dispatching a script when its pushed).