[ltp] Newbie to the list

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 07:45:07 +0000

Charles H. Root, III writes:
 > I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully gotten a 600E sound
 > card to work.

I can 2nd what Thomas said: I have had sound working using the
standard linux drivers on a 600E for years.  You need something
like this in your /etc/modules.conf file (used to be called
/etc/conf.modules):

	alias sound-slot-0 cs4232
	alias sound-service-0-2 opl3
	options opl3 io=0x388
	options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5 synthirq=-1 synthio=-1

(I have a note saying that the mpuirq= setting should be mpuirq=9,
but the above settings work for me).

I don't think the midi synthesiser works with this set-up, but
I've never tried very hard.

Michael.