[ltp] getting 2.4.16 to boot on a 600e

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:08:51 +0100

On Monday 10 December 2001 11:31, you wrote:
> finished recompiling....
>
> rebooted .......
>
> and now I'm presented with a nice blank screen and no sign of any
> activity

I hope you have not compiled the ReiserFS support as a
module? That would match your initial problem. Is ReiserFS
in the kernel source now?

Maybe you need 'initial ramdisk' support and a ramdisk
image? I know this is needed if you want to boot off a SCSI
device, and maybe you also need it if your root filesystem
is not directly supported by the kernel image you are trying
to boot.

Regards,

Mike.