[ltp] The ThinkPad Button on A22m (and sound buttons)

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:07:02 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello, I recently received a ThinkPad A22m for work, and shall shortly
(hopefully this avo) procure a A21m for my own personal use.

So far everything is great, except for a few little things. The buttons above
the
keyboard. The volume buttons work, although they rather independent of the
software mixer settings. But what I want to do is use the ThinkPad button as
a HotSync button, like you get on a Palm cradle.

Normally this wouldn't be to difficult, but it seems that the ThinkPad buttons
(and the other buttons), don't generate any scancodes, like you would get on an
``Internet'' or ``Multimedia'' keyboard. This leaves me stuck.

Does anyone know how the ThinkPad button works, or how I can detect that it has
been pressed?

Also, every time I hit the Fn, I get a console log entry saying

Unknown Scancode e0 63
Unknown Scancode e0 63

This doesn't particularly worry me, but it could be useful to be able to use it
as a valid key (F13 for instance) so I can do useful things with it. Which
brings me on to my next little problem.

How can I use the embedded numeric keypad on my ThinkPad? If I press Fn+j, I
would expect to get a keypad 1, but instead I get nothing.

I've read all the A2xx documents on www.linux-laptop.net, but they don't even
mention it. I want to get my little baby every bit as functional (and more ;) as
it is/was in Windoze 2000.

Thanks for any input.

Cameron Kerr