[ltp] X22 issues

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:13:19 +0100

On Monday 17 December 2001 16:58, you wrote:
> +---------- On Dec 17, Tod Harter said:
> > Well, for thinkpads that doesn't seem to be a problem, generally. I think
> > so far I haven't found anything I can hook up to or that is part of my
> > A20p that Linux won't support, and in some cases the flexibility of linux
> > lets you do stuff that you would need special software to do in MS land.
>
> What about USB?  Can Windows under VMware see USB devices?  I have a
> USB digital camera and a USB scanner and neither has Linux drivers.

The scanner will possibly be OK but you can forget the webcam.
My webcam works find under Linux (Phillip PCVC680K) but although
I can install the drivers under Windows in a VM, accessing the camera
causes VMWare to quit!

To be fair to them, VMWare say that video cameras and other 'streaming
devices' don't work on USB.

Mike.