[ltp] A21p won't boot

Justin C linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:02:46 -0500

I shut down my ThinkPad at 1.30 this morning and it seemed to shut down fine
(not that I really watch what is going on). I turned it on this morning and
it only got as far as the IBM splash screen, the one that says 'Press F1 for
IBM Bios Setup Utility' (if you have it enabled). It won't POST, it won't do
anything else.

Usually it moves on pretty quickly to the password screen but it's just
sitting there.

Any ideas as to what may have gone wrong? I know this isn't a Linux thing but
it's probably the biggest group of tech-savvy ThinkPad users there is. If
anyone can help me here I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.