[ltp] T23 / Savage drivers / dock incompatability

Chris Merrill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:36:28 -0500

Immanuel Derks said:
> Yep, got the same problem, seems to be a pci quirck since hotdocking
> doesn't get the busses from the dock known to the kernel. If you boot in
> the dock (cold) up till runlevel 3 all is fine; the busses from the dock
> are recognised, but as soon as you fireup X all locks up again.....

I'm glad to see that somebody else has the same problem.
I wonder if the PCI bus problem is related to (or somehow made worse by)
the S3 driver.  I don't have this problem using the generic laptop
driver (frame buffer driver) under Mandrake 8.1 - works fine in the
dock or not.  I haven't persuaded the S3 driver to load under Mandrake...yet.