[ltp] Thinkpad T20 Keyboard / Mouse Problem

Chris Goodfellow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 11:56:42 +0000

I am currently running RedHat 6.2, with upgrades to XFree86 4.0.2 and
Helix Gnome.

At random interval I find that either the mouse of the keyboard stops
responding. On switching to a virtual terminal everything is fine, but I
cannot make them resume in X with restarting X.

I also, less ocassionally, experience a total lock up of the console.
(While running X.) I have been able to determine whether it is just X
that have failed or the entire OS.

Any help in the matter, or stories of similar problems would be
gratefully excepted.

Regards

Chris Goodfellow

mailto:chrisg@dtn.ntl.com