[ltp] Installation trouble on 760XL

Wyatt Foard linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
12 Feb 2001 11:05:00 -0800

I have been trying to install from a Debian potato (kernal 2.2.17) CD and having some trouble. After going through the initial setup and then restarting to boot from the hardrive the system stops while starting inetd. (ie - sits and does not continue booting, I let it sit for a day to make sure, but it never got past this point.) I have noticed that if I boot with the laptop undocked then it continues on without problem, though since I booted undocked I can't access the CD drive to continue the system installation.

I have tried loading the dummy net driver and loading no net driver too, thinking I had the driver (9c59x) or options (OPTIONS=4 FULL_DUPLEX=1) set incorrectly, but both had the same results. I haven't been able to find a similar problem documented anywhere else. I'm not surprised that it only happens when docked since the nic is in the docking station, but I don't understand why this would happen with the dummy driver or no driver.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.shopping.altavista.com