[ltp] Dual Boot Linux Win2k on A21p

sylme linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:32:24 +0100

Thanks to all who answered.

I have a few more questions :
- This one is going to start a few laughs : I have no idea what the "Windows
disk manager" is, or where to find it.

- IBM preloads some of its recent models with Caldera 2.4. How come none of
the people who answered my query used it ? One would think IBM chose the
Caldera distrib because it's the best, right ?

- I've been told Caldera uses a Mandrake-like install where a small utility
allows for the repartitioning of the HDD "on the fly." From what I remember,
it was some kind of limited Partition Magic. That sounds cool but I'm not
sure this would work under 2k (the person who mentioned that to me uses
Win98 and I know only PM 6.0 will work for 2k). If it does work, wouldn't it
be much simpler and safer than using "Windows disk manager" or Fdisk ?

Well, thanks again for any info/pointers.

sylvestre