[ltp] Serial/PCMCIA problems with TP600E

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:04:38 -0800 (PST)

On 16-Feb-01 Tom Grydeland wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 Till.Straumann@TU-Berlin.de wrote:
>=20
>> You dont have to resort to windows. As I had posted a couple
>> of
>> weeks ago, David Hinds' PCMCIA package comes with the very
>> useful tools 'lspnp' and 'setpnp' which can do the same (and
>> more)
>> than infamous PS2.EXE.
>=20
> [...]
>=20
>> For using `lspnp' and `setpnp' you must have:
>>=20
>>   - PCMCIA package installed and running (pcmcmia_core
>>     implements the pnp-bios support).
>>=20
>>   - Enable pnp-bios in the "EASY-setup"
>=20
> And, I assume, enable pnp-support in the Linux kernel? :-)
>=20

NO - this has nothing to do with old ISA pnp (isapnp and pnpdump
tools are not necessary either) - pnp_bios support is entirely
implemented in pcmcia_core.o. Unfortunately, the same
"pcmcia_core" module must be un/reloaded, so the higher level
(pcmcia) stuff gets aware of any configuration changes. See
my earlier message - it contains more information on the entire
subject.

--- Till