[ltp] Easy Setup (was: ibm thinkpad 770)

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:25:00 +0000 (GMT)

Speaking of Easy Setup again, has anyone run into the
problem where, when moving the cursor around (to watch the
flying bird, perhaps), sometimes a function is spuriously
selected?  On my machine at least the BIOS sometimes misreads
cursor motions as button presses.  Therefore I have to fly
the little birdy *around* the little pictures to make
sure that the little birdy doesn't do something naughty
while flying over them.

Since we've been told that ctrl-A and crtl-D activate
secret functions in the test suite, I'm tempted to boot
the Easy Setup and start randomly pressing key combinations.
Little did we know that IBM furnished our laptops with a
primitive version of Adventure built into the BIOS.  Perhaps
I'll go through the magic phrases that I know too.  "xyzzy".
"Plugh".  "ctrl-alt-shift-sysrq-a-a-a-a-a-r-g-h-h-h".

Thomas