[ltp] Re: A20p questions...

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
01 Jan 2001 12:16:03 -0600

Guy Davis <guy-davis@home.com> writes:

> 3) The Lucent Winmodem.  I am using kernal 2.2.16-22 and have had no
> luck with the binary linmodem.  Last I heard, IBM still hadn't
> released this.

Apparently Lucent did sometime, but it's hard to find.

http://walbran.org/sean/linux/stodolsk/

> 4) Hibernation.  I have a 500 MB Fat16 partition which I created a
> hibernation file on (apparently) from W2K.

Win2k uses ACPI, while Linux uses APM (unless you're using the
under-development ACPI support).  You may need to find the Win9x tool
for making the hibernation file, and I don't know where you might find
it.  (Mine came with Win98, sorry.)

> On a related note, how does (or can) one switch resolutions from
> Linux?

You need to unbind the default key mapped to Shift-NumLock.  I have
this in my .Xmodmap file:

keycode 77 = Num_Lock

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.