[ltp] Re: A20p questions...

Mark Krischer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 09:31:39 +1100

--------------267B6FDAACFA4BB5F01D713F

Alan Shutko wrote:

> > 4) Hibernation.  I have a 500 MB Fat16 partition which I created a
> > hibernation file on (apparently) from W2K.
>
> Win2k uses ACPI, while Linux uses APM (unless you're using the
> under-development ACPI support).  You may need to find the Win9x tool
> for making the hibernation file, and I don't know where you might find
> it.  (Mine came with Win98, sorry.)

actually, i think the problem is that win2k provides it's own version of
hibernation mode seperate from the thinkpad's.  check around the power
settings in windows and see if you can enable the ibm one separately.  or
just check the thinkpad folder under "program files".  there should be an
app that creates the thinkpad hibernation file.

--mk

--------------267B6FDAACFA4BB5F01D713F

begin:vcard
n:Krischer;Mark