[ltp] BM/PM 6.0 and Win2K (was: Keeping Win2K during/after repartitioning a T20?)

David Newman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:19:17 -0800

I'm having a problem with Boot Magic/Partition Magic 6.0 on a T21 with a
10-Gbyte hard drive.

I'd like to reserve 7 Gbytes for Windows 2000, which came preinstalled, and
devote the rest to RH Linux (6.2 or 7.0). I'd also like to uninstall Boot
Magic and use either LILO or NTLDR to boot the machine.

Here's the problem: Because Boot Magic won't install on an NTFS partition I
had to create a small FAT partition and put Boot Magic on that. However, W2K
*hid* that partition, and I'm not able to unhide it, even using Partition
Magic. (I can tell PM to unhide it and apply the change but it doesn't
take.)

So -- any ideas how to access Boot Magic to blow it away?

Thanks in advance.

David Newman