mwave-modem surviving apm-suspend was: [ltp] No Sound from Mwave modem

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:17:55 +0100

Till.Straumann@tu-berlin.de wrote:

(...)

> I made the observation that after using a PCMCIA modem
> which has working sound, the mwave driver was also audible.
>
> Therefore I assume that it is a initialization problem in
> their driver.
>
> Once sound is working, the initialization even survives APM
> suspend...

can you clarify a bit?

I do start the modem the following way (not very sophisticated):
----- mwave start script ---------
	/sbin/insmod -f mwavedd uartirq=3
	/usr/local/bin/mwavem &
	/sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 3 autoconfig
----- mwave start script ---------

it works, but after resuming a suspend I can't get the modem working.

does anyone have a solution to this?

> Till.

Thomas
--
Thomas Wimmer       |  Landing Instructions Made Easy:
thomas@wimmer.net   |  "fly towards the ground until you're