[ltp] TP 765L and hot swapping

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:01:54 +0100

Hi folks,

is hot swapping the cdrom and floppy possible with my TP 765L (UltraBay II)?
If so, what do I have to do? If I change from floppy to cdrom I can not mount
it because the kernel doesn't know that there is an ide cdrom. If I change
from cdrom to floppy and try to mount it I get the following:

inserting floppy driver for 2.2.18pre21
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306
VFS: Disk change detected on device fd(2,0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
VFS: Disk change detected on device fd(2,0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2

tpctl --iU indicates that the UltraBay has detected the floppy, but the mount
fails.

Suspend/resume and hibernate/resume doesn't help.

Tino