[ltp] Mwave/ACP modem and APM suspend

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:53:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Thomas and Till.

I just double-checked and the Mwave/ACP modem does NOT
work on my ThinkPad 600 after a suspend & resume.
I have to do a /etc/init.d/mwavem restart (using my
init scripts.  BTW I updated them today.  See
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm .)

I also tried doing what Till Straumann suggested:  I
logged on to my ISP using a Xircom PCMCIA modem and then
immediately after did the same with the Mwave/ACP modem.
The Mwave/ACP modem did NOT produce any sound, even
though I am pretty sure that I have the appropriate
AT commands in my init string:
            ATM1L1Q0V1W2X4&C1&D2 S6=4 S11=55

Here is my suspicion:
1) Speaker monitoring is not supported by the current
   Mwave/ACP modem driver
2) Till Straumann didn't notice that he was using his
   PCMCIA modem (not the ACP modem) the second time
   as well as the first time.  Is this possible, Till?
   :)

Thomas Hood
jdthood_AT_mail.com