[ltp] Flaky keyboard on 760EL

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:02:06 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Burt Silverman wrote:

> I was glad to hear that Blow-Off helps restore the 760EL keyboard. Is the
> product typically found in hardware stores or elsewhere? The 760EL that I
> have could use some keyboard help.

I haven't seen anything like this at my local hardware store. I think maybe a
laptop computer dealer or perhaps a photography shop might carry something
similar.

> Regarding mice, I usually find that soap and water cleaning the mouse ball
> is helpful. One mouse needed sewing machine oil on the bearings of the bars
> that are turned by the ball.

Cleaning the ball is no big deal. The button contacts are a bit harder to get
to, and blowing them out with canned air seems to help.

> I think the newer ThinkPad designs have much improved keyboards; my 770
> feels much better than the 760EL.

Yep, when finances permit, I'll have to upgrade.

Mendel