[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:13:06 -0800

Alan Shutko wrote:

> Darrell Shively <dash@cisco.com> writes:
>
> > I did find that unloading/reloading the module (cs4281.o) will
> > reinitialize the sound hardware, but since I'm usually logged in and
> > already have the sounds device open, the module won't unload until I log
> > out or something similarly inconvenient.
> > Bottom line: I live without sound.
> > If someone has a fix for this, please let me know.
>
> Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/apmd, and look at the lines relating to
> sound.

WOO-HOO!  That got it.  Sound now suspends/resumes & even seems to
hibernate/resume.
Copious thanks, Alan.  You rule.

For those interested in the details, I changes lines 39-41 of
/etc/sysconfig/apmd thusly:

# diff apmd.ORIGINAL apmd
39,41c39,41
< RESTORESOUND="no"
< RESTORESOUNDPROGS="no"
< SOUNDMODULES="sb uart401 sound soundcore"
---
> RESTORESOUND="yes"
> RESTORESOUNDPROGS="yes"
> SOUNDMODULES="cs4281 sound soundcore"

> --
> Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!
> Be incomprehensible.  If they can't understand, they can't disagree.

   regards,
	- dash
--
Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   VICARIOUSLY experience
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       some reason to LIVE!!