[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

marco signoretto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:21:44 +0100

Il mar, 23 gen 2001, Darrell Shively ha scritto:
> Alan Shutko wrote:
> >
> > Darrell Shively <dash@cisco.com> writes:
> >
> > > I did find that unloading/reloading the module (cs4281.o) will
> > > reinitialize the sound hardware, but since I'm usually logged in and
> > > already have the sounds device open, the module won't unload until I log
> > > out or something similarly inconvenient.
> > > Bottom line: I live without sound.
> > > If someone has a fix for this, please let me know.
> >
> > Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/apmd, and look at the lines relating to
> > sound.
>
> WOO-HOO!  That got it.  Sound now suspends/resumes & even seems to
> hibernate/resume.
> Copious thanks, Alan.  You rule.

well, something goes wrong in my computer (sob ;_(( ) . i have followed exactly
your istructions: i put the apmcontinue in /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/ and also
modify the apmd as Alan suggested(for the sound card), but nothing works as it
sould do. the sound card and the nic don't resume after suspension and also the
sound card sometimes don't be activated  at the boot. here is a message from the
kernel log:
kernel boot message:  "codec failed to calibrate" (talking about the
sound card)

marcolinux aumix-minimal: aumix:  error opening mixer
marcolinux rc.sysinit: Loading mixer settings:  failed

also the nic sometimes at the boot does'n work but this is quiete rare.
what can i do?
thanks for your patience
Marco