[ltp] remote printer

tom linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:11:45 -0500

marco signoretto wrote:

> hi, everybody
> i need to install a network (remote) printer under linux. it is a hp laserjet
> 2100tn. i found it simple to be configured under win but i can't manage to have
> it work under linux. i know is static ip over the network and also is hardware
> name. what sould i do?

I have remote printing set up for my server.
My server prints locally, so I used APSfilter to configure my printer.
For the remote machines I have a /etc/printcap file that looks
like this:
lp|lpj|deskjet:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/dj:\
	:rm=192.168.0.1:\
	:rp=lp:\
	:sh:

You will also have to make an entry into /etc/hosts.lpd.