[ltp] Any Gotchas for A22P and RH7.1/Mandrake 8.0?

Justin C linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 21:36:23 -0400

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 13:31, you wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have just bought a new A22P with CDRW and 1GHZ Pentium III.  I want to
> run either RH 7.1 or Mandrake 8.0 and have searched around for A22P info
> with either release but have found nothing so far.

MDK 8.0 here on an A21p and it works fine. The only thing that mey not work
out is getting a working XF86Config (or XF86Config-4). I'd suggest tracking
down someone with the same screen/graphics set up as you and getting their
XF86Config mailed to you, you can then just copy this over the default (the
default didn't work for me and I don't think it does work on TP).

I've just remembered, the TP mouse doesn't work with the defaul MDK kernel,
you need to use the CD to create boot floppy with one of the alternate
kernels (which are on the CD), this gives you 2.2 kernel instead of 2.4 but
it still works.

If I can help you with anything else please feel free to email me.
--
Th nw mnmlst .sig                                      Justin C by the sea.