[ltp] 600E,600x

Robert Hollis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:13:00 -0600

Check /etc/pcmcia/config.opts for the ethernet card (prob a conflict with
serial port)

Robert Hollis
630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com

IBM
2707 Butterfield Rd.
Oak Brook, IL.  60523

                    Jan Csernoch
                    <jean@multigraph.com>        To:     linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    owner-linux-thinkpad@b       Subject:     [ltp] 600E,600x
                    m-soft.com

                    07/05/2001 04:16 AM
                    Please respond to
                    linux-thinkpad

Hi!

We have 3 IBM 600 Thinkpad in the office. I have installed SuSE7.1 on
the 600x without a glitch, but the 600E keeps on  being a headache. The
installer freezes when I activate the PCMCIA Ethernet module. The 600X
has the same card. Sound modul can not be loaded, but it is recognized.
However the Ethernet card is the most important. Can someone help?

Thanks,