[ltp] 3Com LAN on TP iSeries 1200

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:45:58 -0400

Hi,

Has anybody had any experience with using a
"3Com Magahertz 10/100 LAN Cardbus Adapter, Model 3CCFE575CT"
in a ThinkPad iSeries 1200 notebook that uses a O2 Micro controller.

I tried pcmcia 3.0.19, 3.1.14 and 3.1.24. Intially I got that the
cardmgr told me that it was an unsupported card. With the newer pcmcia
versions the card is correctly recognized and set up but after a while
I get errors messages saying that the TX buffer is full.
Also, the pcmcia software reports "IRQ 11 test failed" when starting up.
(On my 770Z the card functions nicely on 100Mb/s).

It was suggested to me that that machine only accepts 16 bit cards.
Can anybody confirm this or comment on this?

Thanks,

Geert
--
Dr. Geert Janssen                Phone: 914 945 2198 / Fax: 914 945 4469
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center  P.O. Box 218, Bldg. 801, Office 33-144