[ltp] T22 Success Story

Karl Buck linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:42:07 -0500

I got my T22 recently and installed Red Hat 7.1. I thought it might be nice
to share my experience and see how everyone else with this model is getting
along.

The installation went just great actually. I'm using a docking station with a
19" IBM "Powerdisplay 20" monitor, and its working quite nicely with only one
exception. Rarely, (about once a week) I'll get a lockup; it only seems to
happen when I'm scrolling in an application. I've heard that others are
having this problem; it seems to be a symptom of a bug in XFree86 4.0.3.
Hopefully the new version of X will fix this problem.

I installed the modem driver, but really havent' had an occasion to try it as
yet. Instead, I've been using the internal ethernet driver at home and a
Token ring card/driver at work. Both seem to work just fine.

Anyway, I thought it might be nice to relay a success story; seems like we
dont' see many of those on this board.

Cheers. --Karl